Friday, July 11, 2014

Learning to Eat for Three

Learning to eat for three in the beginning was hard for me. Instead of eating every 3 hours like I was suppose to or eating full meals I was just mostly snacking throughout the day on anything I craved like Fruit or Tuna. I constantly had a stomach ache and every time I went to the doctors I wasn't gaining any weight. I knew I had to change my eating habits because I wanted the proper nutrition for my babies. I didn't know where to begin Thank God for my nurses help, baby books about multiple pregnancy, and the Internet. I had no idea until my doctor told me I was suppose to be getting an extra 600 calories a day. I learned that your body needs extra nutrition to provide the vitamins, minerals and energy my babies need. I realize from looking at my diet and talking to my nurse I wasn't getting enough Protein and Grains. So my goal was to try and incorporate as many proteins and grains into my diet as possible. I realize instead of just eating fruit all day I need a least 3 full meals a day and 2-3 snacks a day.

I also learned the only way I'm going to stay on track if I put myself on a schedule. At first I wasn't use to eating every three hours but now it just comes naturally. My stomach aches have completely stopped and has totally went away and I am now gaining weight. Every check up I can anywhere from 2-4 pounds. At first it was so hard for me. I hard to make myself eat and it felt like a work out! Lol But I have to do what's best for my body and my baby boys!

Here's a look at my eating schedule and how I stay on track...


My Eating Schedule

Breakfast: 6am 
Every morning for Breakfast I eat either Cereal, Cream of Wheat or Oatmeal.
My Cereal are always the same either Special K, Chex, Cheerios, Frosted Flakes, Mini Shredded wheats or Lucky Charms. I always incorporate some type of Fruit and a glass of Orange juice.

Snack: 9am 
I always eat a piece of fruit or String Cheese with a Water bottle

Lunch: 12pm
For Lunch I always have a Turkey sandwich and I make sure it's hot! I always have veggies like carrots or cucumber slices and some kind of Fruit. I usually drink a Lemonade Crystal Light with my Lunch. And if I don't have a Turkey sandwich for Lunch I usually have leftovers from dinner the night before or a Salad.

Snack: 3pm
For my second snack, I eat either Fruit, Veggies, Yogurt, or a Granola bar with another water bottle.

Dinner: 7pm or 8pm
For Dinner it varies! But it's usually always baked chicken, some veggies, sometimes brown rice, potatoes or some pasta. I love to try new things for dinner so I'm always mixing it up!

Snack: 10pm
I use to be a huge Night Owl and never sleep at night but you would never know that now! Lol Ever since I became pregnant I fall asleep so early now around 10pm or 11pm, so I usually eat another snack before I fall asleep. I always eat a piece of Fruit like a peach or yellow apple before I go to bed.


My goal is to eat right and get all the nutrients my babies and I need. I'm so Happy I'm finally on the right track and I learned how to eat for Three!

No comments:

Post a Comment