Thursday, March 13, 2014

{Recipe} Crockpot Baked Pasta

I absolutely Loved this pasta dish! Not only did it only have 4 ingredients but it cooks itself!

All I did was put it into the crockpot for 3 hours and Voila! 

You  have Baked Pasta!

This recipe is becoming a family favorite! My mom made it first then I did, then Auntie and my Aunt Tonia made it as well.


What you need: 
1 lb of Rigatoni pasta
2 jars of Spaghetti sauce 
1 lb bag of frozen Meatballs
2 cups Shredded Mozzarella cheese 



What to do:
1. Add 1/2  of the jar of Spaghetti sauce to the bottom of the crockpot
2. Add 1/2 of Pasta
3. Add 1/2 of Meatballs
4. Add 1/2 of Spaghetti sauce on top of Meatballs
5. Add 1 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese
6. Add the remaining Pasta and the remaining Meatballs
7. Add the remaining Spaghetti sauce and then the Mozzarella cheese
8. Cook on High for 3-4 hours


FYI
 the recipe calls for 2 jars of spaghetti sauce but the pasta was beyond dry when my mom made it so I used 3 jars of spaghetti sauce and it was perfect!! Another thing the recipe said you don't have to cook the pasta before hand, it stated you just have to rinse it with warm water and add to the crockpot but from my mom and my experience we did that and some of the pasta was not fully cooked. I recommend cooking the pasta first in a pot then transferring it over into the crockpot. 


Of course I paired it with a salad! Ya'll know I love salad!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment