Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Recipe Makeover: Turkey Chili with Pita Chips

It's only the 14th of January but I've been doing GREAT with my eating. It's only been 14 days since I stopped eating rice, bread, and drinking soda and I already lost weight!

I weighted myself on my sister's weight watchers scale and it said 194! Woo Hoo! I am no longer in the 200's. Words can't describe how happy I am. Taking a break to do my Happy Dance!!!!! :0)

Okay  happy dance over now I'm back! I'm slowly but surely finally dropping this weight!

Anyways enough with all the chit chat let's get down to the real reason I'm blogging today I was just so happy I had to share. The other day DJ and I were craving Chili but I wanted to make a healthy version of my Chili instead of the way I use to cook it. I use to make my Chili with Ground Beef, no vegetables, and served it with white rice. So here's a recipe makeover of a healthy version.

Turkey Chili with Pita Chips


Ingredients
1 package of Ground Turkey
1 Green Bell peppers
1 can of Corn
1 can of low sodium Black Beans
1 low sodium Chili package
1 can of Hunts Tomatoes sauce
1 can of diced tomatoes
Stacy's Pita Chips

Directions 
1. First I chop up the bell pepper and add to the ground turkey.

2. Brown the ground turkey and then drain off the oil. after draining off the oil add the chili package

3. Next add all of your can goods: black beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and corn into the ground turkey.

4. Completely stir everything together then bring it to a boil

5. After bring it to a boil let simmer for 30 mins and then your all done. You can add a small drop of Lite sour cream and a tiny sprinkle of cheese or you can skip the sour cream and cheese

I normally would add my Chili over white rice but my new healthy way is I paired it with Stacy's pita chip. I just grabbed a handful of chips. 
These are my absolute favorite chips! 
I hope you enjoy them too!


If anyone had tried my recipes please let me know I would love to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment