Friday, November 8, 2013

Cap'n Crunch French Toast

I love french toast! I use to make it all the time but lately I haven't been in the mood to make it and I realize why. I got so tired of making the same ole french toast and I wanted to try something different.

 For months now I've been hearing so much buzz about Cap'n Crunch french toast made with real Cap'n Crunch cereal from a cafe called Blue Moon Cafe in Baltimore, MD. Everybody and there Mama talks about this french toast and since I can't get to Baltimore I decided to make it myself at home!


Cap'n Crunch French Toast

6 Eggs
5 tablespoons Sugar
2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Butter
1 Box (16 ounce) Cap'n Crunch cereal
1 loaf of Texas Toast bread

Directions:
1. Pour Cap'n Crunch into a ziplock bag and crush to a course meal, then pour into a 9x13 pan.

2. Combine egg, sugar, cream, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large bowl. It will have the consistency of a custard. 

3. Soak each slice of Texas toast into wet ingredients, 30 seconds each side. Be sure the edges are most.

4. After soaking each side of the toast in the wet ingredients then Dredge it into the Cap'n Crunch, make sure to lightly press onto each side, and around the crust. Then place on parchment paper until all slices are coated.

5. Heat 2 tbs. of butter in a large skillet, then gently place two slices at a time in the pan.

6. Cook for 3 minutes on each side!

Viola! You now have Cap'n Crunch French Toast

You can add fruit, whip cream, or powder sugar! Whatever you taste buds prefer :-)


{of course DJ's plate is the one with sausage. I'm not a fan of sausage! My plate is on the left.}


Princess didn't want any bananas or syrup just a little sprinkle of powder sugar and whip cream, She has no idea what she's missing! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment