Thursday, September 5, 2013

Girly Doc Mcstuffins Party

My 5 year old niece is a girly girl, she takes after me and one thing she loves more than getting her nails and hair done is Doc Mcstuffins. Ever since Doc Mcstuffins first aired on Disney Jr she had been in love! After a while I knew no other theme would work not even her favorite song, "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" or her favorite movie, Rescuers. I could so see a Vintage style Rescuers party! Lol 
But we went with the theme "Doc McNauyauna" and the color scheme was her favorite colors Pink and Purple. I also through in a little Turquoise. My source of inspiration for the party was based off of Doc Mcstuffins flower headband and the fact that Princess loves headbands and hair bows. Throughout the entire party I knew I wanted the likeness of Doc Mcstuffins pink flower and purple glitter headband. I first wanted to start with the printables. I wanted to finally work with Chevron print and that's where Printables by Fer came in! Printables by Fer create some printables for me and they took my vision of chevron print and flowers and made it by far better than I could envision. They did a fabulous job!
Jennifer of sugary Sweet Cupcakes and Treats was able to match her gorgeous cookies to the printables perfectly. Our local bakery, Royalty Cakes created a very girly Doc Mcstuffins cake. 

I must say I'm no longer a fan of outdoor parties. I love Sunshine, clouds, and just being outdoors but I'm realizing not when your a party planner. Just like my last party absolutely nothing stayed down. Every time I placed something on the tables it blew it away. I spent most of my time chasing after flower confetti, plates, and anything else you can think about. I had cute and girly table settings but before the guest arrived I had to remove everything off the tables. So your the lucky one you get to see the girly table settings that no one saw :-)

Every great party starts with the Invitations! 

To girly up the invitations I added glitter paper 
and for the Envelopes I added purple glitter ribbon 
and a pink flower to resemble Doc Mcstuffins Headband.

Table Setting
 


The table settings included plates, napkins, wooden forks, french square bottle 
with the Doc Mcstuffins scrapbook paper as placemats. 
I made table runners with the extra fabric left over from 
the backdrop and spreaded glitter flower confetti all over the tables. 




Centerpieces

Doc Mcstuffin Activities
This is one of the activities we had at the party. Time for your Check-up Checklist sheets. 

The kids also got to play Bingo. I found a custom 
Doc Mcstuffins Bingo games with her name on it!



Backdrop



Welcome Table
I purchased a handmade Big Book of Boo Boos and used it as a guests sign
 in book and had each guests sign it and leave Princess a sweet message!







The Dessert table inclueded Cookies, Cupcakes, 
Macarons, Gumballs, and the 
Birthday Diva's favorite Powder donuts!


Time for your Check-up Cookies





I Feel better French Macarons


You could use a cuddle Cupcakes














Guests sipped on Yummy Pink Lemonade!






Princess absolutely loved her cookies
 created by Sugary Sweet Cupcakes and Treats! 

Princess

Princess wearing her custom Doc Mcstuffins Headband 
and custom Birthday tutu she loved them so much!



We had all Princess favorites! Her cake was white cake with cream cheese and strawberries. The Menu included all her favorite foods we had Baked and Fried Chicken, Macaroni 'n Cheese, Green Salad, Watermelon, and Rolls. For the drinks we had Pink Lemonade and Princess loves Sweet Tea. I didn't get a picture of the goodie bags or the food but the goodie bags were awesome :-) 

We made girl bags and boy bags. The girls took home Apples, Doctor kits from Target, Doc Mcstuffins Jump ropes, Doc Mcstuffins Blowouts, and Bubbles. The boys bags included the same things but instead of Doc Mcstuffins jump ropes I gave them blue balls I found at Target. Here's a little mock set that I did at my house for the goodie bags.

From the printables, to the cookies, and cake everything came together perfectly thanks to my talented vendors. A huge Thank you to all my Family, Friends, my Sister for letting me plan my niece's party, and all my vendors for helping me make my niece very girly Doc Mcstuffins party extra special!


Party Styling & Concept: Posh Diva Parties
Party Printables and custom Poster: Printables by Fer
Cake: Royalty Cakes
Doc Mcstuffins Cookies: Sugary Sweet Cookies
Doc Mcstuffins Wooden spoons & forks: Sugar Coated Studio
Custom Big Book of Boo Boos: Just a Little Favor Shop
Doc Mcstuffins Scrapbook paper: Lane and May
Doc Mcstuffins custom Headband: Isn't That Cute
Doc Mcstuffins Tutu Birthday Outfit: Pretty as a Princess 2
Chevron Paper Straws: The Pink Picker
Purple Chevron Paper Bags: Freakn Sweet Shop
Time for your Check-up Checklist sheets: Stampin Fanatic
Doc Mcstuffins Bingo Game: YummiliciousTreats
Doc Mcstuffins Plates, Cups, Blowouts, Jump ropes, Napkins, and Tablecloths: Parties4kids

2 comments:

  1. Lovely party and decor where did you get the envelopes from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I brought the envelopes from Walmart then I brought glitter ribbon from Hobby Lobby and I used a flower punch from hobby lobby and cut out pink flowers then attacked them to the envelopes to resemble Doc Mcstuffins headband.

      Delete