Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans!!!

We had a really great weekend. We had another fun busy weekend that we didn't want to end! I turly enjoy my weekends with DJ and my family and when Sunday nights come I'm dreading that sound on Monday morning of my alarm clock going off at 4:15am. Last weekend DJ was called off to a fire and so I pretty much stay indoors with Niqua watching movies and pigging out. Since Mom, Princess, and Warrior are all in Louisiana enjoying their vacation before the kids start school next week it' just been Niqua and I. But this weekend DJ came home and joined us :o) Friday we had tons errands to run mostly errands for our new car! It's such a blessing we now have a car. God has been working in and through us in so many ways! We first went to the Bank, then went to get car insurance, afterwards we  had to get a smog then off to the DMV we went. So now we officially have wheels! Woooo Hoooo!!!!! I'm also really happy because I hardly ever wear makeup anymore or "fix myself up" and Friday I spent a little time on me. I flat ironed my hair, put on some accessories, and did my makeup :o) I felt pretty!
After all of our boring errands we got to the fun stuff! Lol we went out to lunch then I went to pick up some party items while DJ got some new video games after that we spent the rest of the evening cuddled up watching Netflix movies. Then at midnight we went groceries shopping. We love late night groceries shopping there are no long lines and the store is always empty. As for Saturday we had a lazy day we stayed in the whole day. DJ played his new games while I cleaned the house and cooked Mexican Cornbread. Our Godson came over which was amazing because we've missed him so we got to laugh and play with him for a couple of hours. After dropping off Rocky I then began to working on some more party stuff. I cut some tent cards, finished the centerpieces, and start assembling the paper fans for the backdrop. With only 11 days left until the party I need to get a move on things. Sunday we woke up late for church. We had literally like 10 minutes to get ready in order to be on time, so we were late to church this Sunday but I'm happy we still went and we didn't just say Oh well were already late. After church I did laundry, cooked dinner, and ended the night working on more party stuff and giving my prayer binder a makeover. You see, busy but fun!  


Me up close :-) It's been too hot to wear a weave or a
 wig so I've been rockin my natural hair!

Friday we had Mexican food for Lunch! My favorite :o)


From this...

To this... Mexican Cornbread!

Cuddled up in my sweats with the Hubs!

I probably arranged these paper fans 100 times 
before finally getting close to how I want them! Lol


Here's a little video of Rocky and I 


How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment