Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Getting My Confidence Back!


Then and Now


I wasn't the best dressed but I was happy and confident in how I looked! Let's be real I thought I was Fine! I always keep my hair and nails done, and went shopping every week and I never left my house without makeup. Something in me changed! My confidence was no longer there, I started wearing less and less makeup, and I got in the "newlywed rut" and gained a bunch of weight. I stopped shopping for clothes and keep telling myself, "Oh when I lose weight I'll buy clothes."

My Husband, my family, and my home became more important than anything, even myself! I stopped taking care of myself, but all that is going to change. I agree with my Husband, family, and my best friend that I need to start taking care of myself before others and get the "Fine Keisha" back! Lol 

I haven't made an hair appointment in 2 years or had my eyebrows waxed in 2 years, Before May it had been 1 year and 8 months since I had my nails done, I haven't brought myself clothes in 1 year, and I haven't brought myself makeup in 8 months. But today August 21, 2013 I;m making a pledge and promise to myself that for now on I'm going to do everything in my powers to feel Happy and Confident again.

My Pledge

I'm going to stop wearing all black everyday.
I'm going to stop wearing only boat shoes or flats.
I'm going to start doing my makeup more like I use too.
I'm going to stop using my weight as an excuse to why I don't buy myself clothes.
I'm going to buy myself at least one thing every time I get paid.
Even if I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt I will add some accessories.
I'm no longer going to wear Big over sized men shirts! 

And most important I'm going to make sure I take care of ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment