Thursday, June 13, 2013

Clean Eating Shopping List

When I first tried clean eating I was eating all the wrong things. I had no ideas what to buy or what to look for. I begin researching for an entire month trying to find out what is good and what is not good. After conducting some research I finally put together a list of foods that were healthy and clean for my home. I want to share that list with you all so that it helps someone else as well :o)


Clean Eating Shopping List
(I broke my list down into categories to help me better)

Breakfast Items:
Eggs and Egg whites
Kashi Go Lean Cereal
Steel cut Oats
Whole Grain Cream of Wheat
Whole Grain Bread
Raisin Cinnamon Bread

Dairy
Unsweetened Almond Milk
Unsweetened Rice Milk
Greek yogurt
Cottage cheese

Proteins
Flounder
Cod
Halibut
Red Snapper
Tilapia
Grouper
Chicken breast
Extra lean Ground Turkey
Turkey
Pork chops
Blue fish
Blue fin tuna
Trout
Salmon
Sea bass

Whole Grains
Brown Rice
Quinoa
Kidney Beans
Navy Beans
Black Beans

Fruits
Strawberries
Blueberries
Raspberries
Apples
Oranges
Bananas
Watermelon
Honeydew
Cantaloupe
Nectarines
Mango
Papaya
Blackberries
Cherries
Tangerines
Grapefruits

Fruits used as vegetables:
Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Squash
Zucchini
Pumpkins
Peppers
Eggplant
Tomatillos
Okra
Avocado

Vegetables:
Corn
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Artichoke
Brussels sprouts
Kale
Green Beans
Asparagus
Spinach
Collard Greens
Lettuce
Mustard greens
Cabbage
Turnip Greens
Celery
Asparagus
Ginger
Potatoes
Beans
Onions
Turnips
radishes
Carrots
Snow peas
Soybeans
Lentils
Black Beans

Condiments
Apple cider vinegar
White vinegar
Vinaigrette Dressings
All Natural Peanut Butter
Salas or fresh pico de gallo
Hot Sauce
Steak sauce (low sugar)
Chili paste
Tomato paste
Tomato sauce
Non-Fat Cottage Cheese
Reduced Sodium Terkiyaki sauce
Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
Mustard (yellow or dijon)
Broth (low sodium fat free beef, vegetable, and chicken)
Worcestershire sauce (No high fructose corn syrup)
Fat free cooking spray

Oils (use sparingly)
Coconut oil
Walnut oil
Sunflower oil
Avocado oil
Olive oil
Grape seed oil
Pumpkin seed oil

Flours
Wheat Flours
Oat Flour
Rice flour

Sweeteners
Sugar free Maple syrup (use sparingly)
Coconut sugar
Applesauce (no sugar added)
Stevia in the Raw
Truvia

Others/Misc.
Mrs. Dash Seasonings
Dry Herbs
Spices
Coffee
Tea
Vanilla and Almond Extract

**Please note that all the items I listed above I did not buy all at once. I used this list as a guide to help me purchase the right items for my home, as I hope you pick and chose which items you would like to prepare in your household.

There are probably some items missing from my list and if there are some items you see I don't have you can definitely leave the item in a comment below. I'm still learning and will appreciate the help :o)

I hope this list helps! I know for me it did :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment