Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend 2013

Our Memorial Day weekend started off great. I got back Wednesday from my mini vacation so I spent Thursday and Friday spending time with my Honey Bunny, DJ then Saturday morning DJ got called out to another fire. This is his third fire he got called to this month. I'm very thankful that we got to spend some quality time together because when he's called to a fire we never know how long he's going to be gone. Saturday with my sisters at work and DJ called out it left just Mom, the kids, and I. We decided since the day was so beautiful we took the kids to the park. We didn't tell the kids where we were taking them. We just took them to get ice cream then as we pulled up to the park they screamed with excitement! At the park it was a birthday party going on and the families there began singing praise and worship music and it was so beautiful Mom and I sung along while we watched the kids play. Our Saturday was really good at the park and Sunday we attend Church. Monday we had a really laid back but fun Memorial Day. We attend a Splashpad park and it was alot of fun. Mom and I got there super early at 8am so we could get a good spot and I'm so glad we did because the park was packed later that day. We got wet, ate yummy Hot links and potato salad, and I made some yummy chocolate covered pretzels. This year Memorial Day was Men-less! Auntie Tonia sons and DJ were called off to the fire, her husband was at work, and my step-dad didn't want to leave the house and neither did any of my uncles so it was just us Girls. I can't wait until next year when the whole family can get together for Memorial Day.

Saturday





Sunday
khi khi the warrior & princess looked so dapper at Church!


He never goes anywhere without Shadow!

Memorial Day









Mom loves to get wet! I think that's why my sisters, the kids and I love water so much :o)














Happy Memorial Day from The Evans!

No comments:

Post a Comment