Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hello May, Good Bye April!

I know, I know it's the 9th of May and I'm barely doing a blog post! Shame on me!! A lot has been going on and I can't wait to share all with you. I'm sad to see April go because we had a ton of fun the entire month. Every weekend we were out doing something whether attending a birthday party, Family Outings or going swimming we were continually doing something so I can't wait to share all the fun photos I've been taking.

I also have 3 new Recipes to share with you! They are soooo Yummy! Bacon Cheddar Pork Chops, Better Than Anything Oreo Cake, and Strawberry Pretzel Salad. Strawberry Pretzel Salad is a great dessert dish for warm weather and we've been getting 89 and 91 degree weather so this will sure please our taste buds and cool us off!


DJ and I have been together for over 2 years and never been apart. Last week was the first time being apart! Due to working for the city any flood or other natural disasters that happen in California he has to attend to them and assist. Here in California we've been having tons and tons of fires and We had over 5 fires last week that burned 28,000 acres. DJ had to go up North to Camarillo, CA. They first told him he was going to be gone for 10 days but it actually ended up being 7 days. 7 Long Days!!!!!!! Wow I didn't think it was going to be hard and I was acting like a toughie Lol but by day 3 I was boo-hooing!!! I wasn't the only one DJ said by Day 4 he was so ready to come home to me.

Even though it was hard being apart it kinda prepared us because Sunday I'm traveling to help my cousin decorate for the Flintstones party I've been planing and working on, so I'm super excited and can't wait to share photos of the party and my trip.

Also before I leave! Back in December DJ and I got our own place you can click here to see the post here about our new place. When we moved in December I knew our budget was going  to be tight for two months so I collected a bunch of DIY Home Makeover projects and I said in March I was going to start working on them and of course I never did :/ I neglected our love nest so Today I finally worked on one of my home makeover projects and finished my kitchen curtains. If you look at The Love Nest Post you'll see those ugly brown curtains hanging in my kitchen well they finally came down... I finally made my DIY no sew kitchen curtains and I can't wait to share the tutorial with ya'll.

Also before I leave, DJ and I have been declaring that 2013 is going to be the greatest year of our life and we've sat down and wrote all of our 2013 Goals for this year and alot of them have been coming to pass and I can't wait to share our goals and everything that has been going on :o)

I'm going to be gone for a little while but when I do come back you will see a floodgates of post so be on the look out!


Be Right Back!

No comments:

Post a Comment