Monday, February 11, 2013

{Recipe} Taco Stuffed Shells

I feel like I haven't shared a recipe in a really long time. So today I'm going to share a dish that I cooked last month. One day after church I had no idea what to cook so I asked DJ to go on my Pinterest and pick out something he would like for dinner. DJ picked a pasta dish that looked so Ooey Gooey Yummy. Yes another Pinterest recipe!!! Lol You will be seeing a lot of them from me. The recipe comes from Ginger over at Inspired Ginger. To see her recipe and many other yummy dishes click HERE.

Taco Stuffed Shells



Ingredients:
1 lb Ground turkey (I used 2 lbs)
1/4 cup taco seasoning (1 package)
4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
12 Jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package instructions
1 cup salsa
1 cup taco sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used Mexican four cheese my favor)
1 cup shredded Jack cheese


Directions:

Step 1: Cook your shells in boiling salted water until they are tender.

Step 2: Then drain the pasta

Step 3: Use tongs to lay them flat so they can cool (use a cookies sheet lined with parchment paper or I just used paper towels)

Step 4: Be careful because the shells will be really HOT let them cool until you are able to touch them.

Step 5: Cook the ground turkey in a skillet and when the ground turkey browns add the taco seasoning.

Step 6: Next add in the cube cream cheese and let it melt down

Step 7: Let the ground turkey mixture cool a little bit so you can then begin to stuff the shells.

Step 8: Pick up one shells and a teaspoon and then begin to pick up some meat to put in the shells. Fill it as full as you like. 

Step 9: Layer the bottom of the pan with taco sauce

Step 10: Place the stuffed shells in your pan that has the taco sauce on the bottom. Line them up.

Step 11: Top the stuffed shells with salsa and then cover with foil. Bake 350 degrees for about 30 minutes 



On the Menu:
Taco Stuffed Shells
Caesar Salad 


Love & Blessings,
Keisha Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment