Wednesday, December 26, 2012

{Recipes} World's Best Baked Penne

A good friend of mine by the name of Tiffany shared this recipe with me about a month ago and I had been wanting to make it but so much stuff was going (me and DJ moved and finally got our own apartment.) I finally got around to making it and man was it TheBomb.com. Tiffany calls it Baked Spaghetti, but I like the name World's Best Baked Penne. DJ named it :) So Thanks to my friend, Tiffany I now have a new Family Favorite in my home and can't wait to make it again. 




World's Best Baked Penne



Ingredients


8 ounces of pasta (I use penne pasta)
1lb of ground beef
1 large can of spaghetti sauce (26.5 ounces)
1 tablespoon of butter
1/2 cup chopped green or red bell pepper (I used green bell peppers )
1/3 cup chopped white/or yellow onion
8 ounces of cream cheese
2 tablespoons of milk
Parmesan cheese
Mozzarella cheese
French's fried onions (small can)

Directions

1. Boil pasta according to directions on package. drain and set aside.
2. Brown the ground beef. Drain excess grease. Add spaghetti sauce to skillet and reheat.
3. Combine onions, peppers and butter in a small glass bowl. cover and microwave on high until soft.

4. Add cream cheese and milk to vegetables, and stir well. (If the cream cheese is not soft, just nuke it for like 20-30 seconds.)

5. then assemble in a 10x6 dish in the following order:

1) thin layer of spaghetti sauce on bottom
2) Pasta
3) Cream cheese/vegetable mixture
4) Spaghetti sauce and meat mixture
5) Parmesan Cheese and Mozzarella cheese
6) French's fried onions (add last 5 mins of baking)

Bake at 350 for 25 mins, then add the fried onions and cook for another 5 or until they are
browned




Absolutely Delicious! I hope you all enjoy it as much as me and my family did. They all loved
it and it will definitely be added to our family favorites.

Love & Blessings,
Keisha Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment