Saturday, November 3, 2012

{Recipe} My World Famous El Dorado Casserole

I got this recipe around the same time last year from Grandma and when I mean I've made it like 50 times already. Yes!!! Like 50 times in one year =D I remember after the first time I made El Dorado Casserole Auntie and DJ would ask me everyday to make it. It felt like I was cooking it every week. Auntie even made a song and dance it was so funny and I thought it was cute. So that's why I call it "My world famous El Dorado Casserole" This dish is truly a Family Favorite in our family and I hope you make it and enjoy it in yours.



What you'll Need:
1 bag of Dorito Chips
2 cans of Hunts Tomato Sauce
1 can of Rotel
1 container of Sour Cream
1 container of Cottage Cheese
1 lb of Ground Beef
1 bag of Kraft Mexican Four Cheese shredded cheese

{F.Y.I. I have 2 bags of Doritos and Kraft cheese because I make double due
 to my large family and that it goes like Hot cakes}

Step 1
Brown the ground beef in a large skillet

Step 2
Drain the oil from the ground beef

Step 3
In a mixing bowl, combine Sour cream and Cottage cheese 
together and stir together until well combined



Step 4
In the large skillet, Add tomato sauce and Rotel to the 
ground beef mixture and cook on low heat


Step 5
In a pan place Dorito chips at the bottom

Step 6
Spoon the sour cream and cottage cheese mixture onto the chips

Step 7
Spread the sour cream and cottage cheese mixture all over the chips

Step 8
Then add some of the ground beef mixture on top 

Step 9
Next add cheese on top

Step 10
Then Repeat each steps agian
1) Chips 
2) Sour cream and cottage cheese mixture
3) Ground beef mixture
4)Shredded Cheese

After your done with your second layer place the pan in the preheat oven at 350 degrees and Bake for 40-45 mins




I hope ya'll enjoy it as much as me and my family do =D

Love & Blessings,
Keisha Evans

2 comments:

  1. YUMMM! I make this dish too (without the cottage cheese). Can I just join the family already... maybe become a honorary member or something? lol.

    I noticed you didn't have a button on your blog & I love reading your blog so I threw used one of your pictures to make a button for my blog. Hope you don't mind. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I don't mind at all Hun! And Of course Jessica you can join the family! Your so sweet :D That sounds so good next time I should make it without the cottage cheese and see how my family likes it.

    ReplyDelete