Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012

We had the BEST Thanksgiving this year. Me and my mom cooked dinner at home like we always do. We had everything... Turkey, Ham, Dressing, Macaroni 'n cheese, Potato Salad, Greens, Sweet Corn Cakes, Sweet Potato Casserole, and Rolls. And for dessert we had Homemade caramel cake, Banana Pudding, and Pecan pie. Yes, we had all that!! I was one stuffed girl :0)
Then we all went over to my Uncle James and Aunt Jamila's house for Dinner also. I ate so much food this pasted weekend it's crazy! My Uncle cooked Duck, stuffing, candid yams, greens, homemade cranberry sauce, and rolls. Both dinners were delicious. We always play Po-Keeno when we have family get togethers and we always have so much fun playing. This was DJ's first time playing and he said he loved it. DJ won 2 games of  Po-keeno. The peak of my day was that this was DJ first Thanksgiving in California and I was so worried about him being home sick. I wanted him to be as eased and comfortable as possible so I suggested he call his parents and siblings back home. But to my surprise DJ said he wasn't home sick at all and that he LOVED his first Thanksgiving in California. He said he had a lot of fun and that our Thanksgiving was so different from back home. They just eat and then all the men go in one room and watch football so it was new to him that we all stay in the same room had football on the TV while playing Po-Keeno.



Love & Blessings,
Keisha Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment