Friday, October 12, 2012

Good-Bye Toenail

Yesterday I spent 3 hours in the Emergency room. For the past month my toe has been hurting really bad. I called and made a Doctor's appointment and I was informed I couldn't see the Dr until November 19. What?!?!? I thought that was so crazy that I couldn't see a Dr for almost 2 months. I need new insurance but anyways. Yes, I would up and my toe was not only swollen but blood and pus was coming out and that has never happened before so I was immediately nerves. I thought maybe it was getting infected or something so after DJ left for work I went to the Emergency room. I was in the waiting area for almost an hour, then they placed me in a room.

**WARNING**THE PICTURES YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE ARE GRUESOME!! 


After being in the room for a while, a very sweet and kind Dr by the name of Dr. Yeah came in and check out my toe. She was like a breath of fresh air. She had a huge smile on her face and was warm. She made me feel very comfortable because I was crying and in alot of pain. She advised me that they were going to have to remove my entire toenail. I started to well up. I didn't want my toenail gone, but at the same time I wanted to the pain gone. She ashared me that it was for the best because it was so painful I could not wear close toe shoes, I could not even place a blanket over my foot, and I couldn't even touch it.



After giving me four shoots. I get so nerve when I see needles but Dr. Yeah made me feel at ease. She told me to breath in and out and close my eyes. So I did and before you know it the shoots were over. The shoots were to numb my entire toe so that she could remove the toenail.

After my toenail was removed she showed me what was causing me so much pain. I had an ingrown toenail that was growing in my skin. The nail that was stuck in my skin was sharp and was the size of a dime. I couldn't believe it. Dr. Yeah wrapped me up and told me to rest awhile.



Officially discharged! 


I was so thankful that Dr. Yeah was gentle and patient. I defiantly plan on sending her a thank you card.

Love & Blessings,
Keisha Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment