Monday, September 24, 2012

Our 1 year Anniversary

A year ago today I married my best friend aka My Teddy. I call DJ my Teddy because he a really big guy and can look intimidating but he really is a Big Teddy Bear. He truly understands me and knows how to make me feel like the most important person in the whole wide world. I was so grateful and felt honor that he asked me to be his wife. DJ proposal to me in July 2011 and we got married September 24, 2011. I know what a quick engagement, Right! When we got engaged I planned a HUGE to die for wedding.  I wanted a 1950's Old Hollywood themed wedding with a long red carpet, Black and white photos everywhere of us, Sexy Red lipstick, a super long weave, like down to my butt weave. I wanted everything to be super over the top. Then my Great-Grandma aka Granny got really sick and her wish was to see me get married before she passed away. So, we were only engaged for less than 2 months. Yes, I had to months to plan a small wedding. We had a intimate family wedding and we definitely plan on having a Big wedding one day.

I'm so thankful for DJ not only because he makes me feel amazing but because he puts up with me lol there's no way I could ever ask for a more better husband.

For our Anniversary I knew exactly the perfect date. My husband, DJ is from Zwolle, Louisiana so he hasn't experienced a lot of things so I definitely been trying to open him up to a lot of new things. It's so fun because he enjoys trying new things. DJ has never been on a picnic nor has he ever eaten in a park, so I thought a Picnic in the Park would be so different and a little romantic.

Me and my Teddy

It was so hot on the way to the park we stopped and got Ice cream cones. The perfect treat on a hot day!

We made it to the park!



DJ didn't want to take off his shoes. It was so funny.

One down and many more years to come!

Love & Blessings,
Keisha


No comments:

Post a Comment