Saturday, September 15, 2012

My 26th Birthday

On September 8 I turned 26 years young. I say young to try and convince myself, because I sure as heck don't feel young. I never celebrate my birthday and DJ, Christina, and my family insist I should start celebrating my birthday. I didn't want to do nothing big, so my mom suggested I have a small dinner at the house. One of my favorite foods is Mexican food, so I knew what to serve for dinner. I didn't want decorations I just wanted to put all my focus on the food and Purple is my favorite color so I wanted lots of purple!

Food Set up! 


I made all the food labels from Purple and Glitter paper from Michael's

I used the Mason jar from my wedding and just turned them around. I just loved all the butterfly confetti on the table. I got it from Party city in the bridal collection.

I glued rhinestones on each fork for a little Bling! 

Menu
Chili Con Queso, Salsa, and Guacamole Dip with Tortilla Chips
Red Beef Enchiladas
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Carne Asade
Spanish Rice
Yellow Rice
Black Beans
Refried Beans




Everything looked and tasted really good and I was pleased how everything came out.

Of course to go with our mexican food we had Jarritos Mexican Sodas

The kids loved the Jarrito drinks and they loved to hear the glass hit together as they cheered over and over.


When all these suggestions were thrown at me little did I know I was going to have to decorate, cook, and clean all by myself. Christina to the rescue! While I was cooking, my mom was cleaning, and I needed a lot of help. My best Friend, Christina showed up to help and I was so happy. Me and Christina sat, laugh, talked and rolled enchiladas.

Me and Christina

My Birthday Cake
I loved my cake! Out of all the birthday cakes I've ever had this one is my 2nd favorite.


Warrior and Princess helped me blow out my candles


Me and DJ

Mom and Auntie Dee dee feeding Zaya

Niqua

Uncle James, Red, and sleeping Zaya

Zaya looked so pretty with her butterfly dress on.


Me and Christina eating cake.

My cake was Red Velvet with whipped cream filling and cream cheese frosting. 
No one wanted to eat my picture on the cake they all said it was too pretty.

Khi Khi said, "Tee-tee mama that's you on the cake when you was skinny." We laughed so hard and I replied, "Yes, baby that's when I was Hot."

Caught princess eating the frosting!

I had so much fun with my family and friends on my Birthday. Would I do it again? No! It was too much work and by the time the partay begun I was hot, sweaty, and tired! Haha But all and all I did have an awesome time with everyone and I was so thankful to be spending my birthday with my family.

Love & Blessings,
Keisha

No comments:

Post a Comment